Frequently Asked Questions
Should I contact my lawyer by phone whenever I have a doctor appointment?
For routine medical care it is not necessary to telephone your Oklahoma disability lawyer. However, it is important to keep a record of the dates of all medical treatment you receive between now and when your hearing is scheduled to take place.
When you receive information regarding your hearing date from your Oklahoma disability attorney, he or she will most likely include a form for you to fill out that describes the medical care you’ve received.
The complete names and addresses of all medical treating sources is important information your lawyer needs. You can greatly assist your Oklahoma disability attorney by gathering business cards for all of the doctors, therapists, and clinics you visit, and sending them to your lawyer when he or she requests an update regarding your medical care.
When should I telephone my attorney?
Prior to the time your Oklahoma disability lawyer notifies you of your hearing date, there is usually little urgency for you to contact your attorney regarding your case.
Nevertheless, contact your lawyer if any of the following occurs:
- Your condition changes dramatically, whether it is for the better or for the worse.
- Your medical condition is given a new diagnosis by your physician.
- You require hospitalization.
- You begin working again.
- You are contemplating working part- or full-time.
- Your address and/or telephone number changes.
- You are contacted by someone from the Social Security Administration.
- You have trouble understanding a letter you receive from the Social Security Administration.
- You receive a Notice of Hearing but have not heard from your attorney informing you of your hearing date.
- The judge sends you a form that is to be completed by your doctor.
Additionally, any time you have a question regarding your case, you should feel free to contact your Oklahoma disability attorney.
If you would like to discuss your Social Security disability case with an experienced and competent Oklahoma disability lawyer, please contact us today.